The V&A Waterfront will have a number of activities over the upcoming Easter weekend, including an Easter-themed Amazing Race, face painting, children’s market, meeting the Easter Bunny and a talent show.
All these activities will take place around the amphitheatre on Saturday April 8 and Sunday April 9, from 10am.
- The Easter Hunt Amazing Race will take place at HintHunt on Saturday and Sunday, from 12.30pm to 3pm, and will start at the amphitheatre. The race will be free to play for participants. At the end of each race, the fastest team will win a V&A Waterfront hamper.
- The V&A Kids Market will take place on Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 3pm, at the centre court, in the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre.
- Children can get their faces painted with Easter-inspired themes at any of the three face painters at the children’s area opposite the amphitheatre on Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 3pm. This is free for children under the age of 12.
- Meet the Easter Bunny and take a photo on Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 3pm, at the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre.
- Magicians, musicians, or entertainers of any sort can audition at the Easter Auditions on Saturday and Sunday, and Tuesday April 11 at the amphitheatre, from noon and 4pm. Successful performers will gain access to the V&A Waterfront’s mentorship programme.
- There will be a children’s baking class at Makers’ Landing on Saturday and Sunday, at 11am. Bakers will make chocolate cupcakes filled with surprises and topped with chocolate frosting. Tickets cost R195 and can be purchased via Quicket.