The V&A Waterfront will host a number of activities this weekend in celebration of Easter.
- Visitors can enjoy a virtual Easter egg hunt until Friday April 9 and stand a chance to win some prizes. People can enter for free by searching for 10 eggs hidden across the neighbourhood online. To join the hunt, visit www.waterfront.co.za/join-our-great-eggscape/
- There will be an under cover kids market at the passageway under the Cape Wheel on Saturday April 3 and Sunday April 4, from 10am till 2pm.
- The Rollercade at Battery Park is the first indoor roller-skating amusement park in Cape Town. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities such as roller-skating, pool and soccer table games, arcade games and music. There will also be a few local DJs performing over the weekend.
The park is open from Tuesday to Sunday, with two-hour slots starting at 10am and ending at 6pm, with an hour in between each slot. A slot costs R150, including rental of skates and safety gear; R80 with your own skates and R40 to enter the arcade.
- There will be an opportunity to take a picture with the Easter Bunny at the ampitheatre between noon and 4pm everyday from tomorrow, April 2 to Monday April 5. The pictures are taken for free.
- Pick n Pay will also have an Easter egg hunt on Saturday April 3, from 11am to 1pm. The hunt is free for the children of visitors to the store who spend R150 or more on Easter goods including chocolate treats and hot cross buns.
- Children can enjoy a variety of Easter in Wonderland activities at the One & Only hotel, including a petting zoo, Easter egg hunt with the Easter Bunny and smashing the annual Easter egg piñata.
- The Waterfront’s newest food market at the cruise terminal, Makers Landing will host an an Easter egg hunt, and a kids’ egg decorating class. Adults can join pickled fish and hot cross bun class.
- An Easter egg hunt with Afrikoa Chocolate will take place on Saturday April 3 and Sunday April 4 with two slots each day – 9am and 9.30am. Tickets cost R100 and are available at Quicket. The kids’ easter egg decorating class will take place from Saturday April 3 until Monday April 5, and a hot cross buns masterclass will take place on Saturday April 3, with different time slots starting from 10.30am. Tickets are R90 also available at Quicket.
- The adults’ pickled fish and hot cross buns cooking class by Side Wing will take place on Monday April 5, at 1pm. Tickets cost R285 and are available at Quicket.
Meanwhile, motorists leaving the Waterfront are advised that road works are under way at Dock Road between the plaza intersection and the canal bridge.
Outgoing lanes will be reduced at times during the day, however, the V&A Waterfront will endeavour to keep all lanes open during peak hours.
Pedestrians will also at times need to be redirected to alternative routes.
Construction will be completed in early May.